Today is the first day of October!
It's still feeling like summer time, so most of us in California are still using our A/C units and fans. Neither we nor our electricity bills are getting a break from the heat. Here are some energy conservation tips provided by flexalert.org.
- Adjust your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher when you are not home.
- Close your windows and doors when using your A/C unit. Doing so will keep cool air in and prevent your A/C unit from working harder.
- Clean or replace your A/C filter. This will also prevent your A/C unit from working harder than it needs to.
- Power down your computer and enable power management when you are not using it.
- Unplug electronics. Even if the electronic itself is not being used, it is still drawing power if it is plugged in.
- Use heat-producing appliances after 6 PM. This includes, washers, dryers, dishwashers, and ovens.
- When using washers, dryers, and dishwashers, make sure they are full loads.
- Turn off unnecessary lighting.
By following these tips, you can easily reduce your energy consumption as well as reduce your electricity bill.
For a complete list of energy saving tips, click here.