It's July! This month we will be focusing on small fixes that can be done around your home. The Homeowners and Trades Resource Center (The HTRC) offers some tips on things to check for around your home.
- Check for any missing or cracked electrical plates and replace them.
- Check for any missing or cracked caulking around tubs and windows.
- Tighten loose screws, such as your cabinet drawer pulls, doors, and doorknobs.
- Check all locks and hinges are working smoothly - if not, add graphite or appropriate oil.
- Vacuum or wipe off your vent covers, under the refrigerator, the refrigerator coils, light bulbs, the ceiling fan housing and blades, and all other places you normally skip while cleaning.
- Check your fire extinguisher charge - if it is in the caution or dead area, replace it.
- Check all smoke alarm and CO2 batteries, replace if needed.
For more tips and details, check out The HTRC blog here.
You can find a downloadable To-Do List here.