Labor Day is coming up on September 5! We usually associate Labor Day with a barbecue; so here are some grill safety tips to consider from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to have a fun and safe Labor Day.
- Grills should only be used outside
For Propane Grills:
- Check all major connection points between the gas tank hose and the regulator and cylinder and where the hose connects to burners. Tighten if loose.
- Check gas tank hose for leaks. Do not use if there are leaks.
- If you smell gas while cooking, turn off gas tank and burners
For Charcoal Grills:
- If using starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid
- Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to fire
- When finished grilling, let coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container
For more detailed information on these tips, visit the NFPA blog here.