Halloween is just around the corner! Here are some tricks from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) for you and the kids to have a fun and safe Halloween!
All dressed up:
- Plan costumes bright and reflective
- Consider adding reflective tape or striping to costume
- Make sure accessories, such as swords or sticks, are not sharp or too long.
- Use flashlights with fresh batteries
- Teach children how to call 9-1-1
On the trick-or-treat trail:
- Always have a responsible adult accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or cat for a treat
- Carry a cell phone for quick communication
- Never cut across yards or use alleys
- Notify law enforcement authorities of any suspicious activity
For more tricks to ensure your Halloween is a treat, go to the American Academy of Pediatrics website here.