Now that the holiday season is coming to an end, what will you do with your Christmas tree? For those who have a fresh tree, here are some ways from www.care2.com to recycle your tree.
- Living trees, with the roots still intact, can be planted in your backyard after Christmas. (A Christmas tree for next year!)
- Use the tree as a bird feeder in your backyard.
- Cut off the branches and use the trunk as an edge for your garden.
- Use the evergreen boughs as post-Christmas home decor.
- Check if your community has a Christmas tree recycling program. See the National Christmas Tree Association for more information.
- The trunk of the tree can be used as firewood for your fireplace.
- Use the needles to make potpourri.
- The trunk and branches can be used by woodworking hobbyists.
- If allowed, burn the branches and spread the ashes in your garden. This will help yield better flowers and veggies as the branches have lots of nutrients your garden can benefit from.
For more information on the different ways of recycling your Christmas tree, click here.