Labor Day is just around the corner on Monday, September 7, and many of us will be working the grill while enjoying the company of family and friends.
Here are some safety reminders from Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association so you can have a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend.
- Position your grill in open areas away from buildings and high traffic areas.
- When lighting a gas grill, always keep the lid open.
- Check propane tank levels before the day of the barbecue.
- Trim the excess fat from meat to avoid flare-ups.
- When grilling, use tongs or spatulas to move or turn meats instead of a fork to minimize the loss of juices
For the complete article, go here.