This past we've been getting Summer-like weather, aka perfect beach weather, with temperatures reaching the high 80's and even 90 degrees. Here are some tips to save energy and stay cool this summer-like winter:
- Replace your air conditioning filter (if you haven't done so already) to maximize the efficiency of your air circulation.
- Turn up your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home and 85 degrees or off when you are away from home.
- Help prevent electricity outages by using appliances after 6 P.M.
- Turn off lights and equipment when not in use.
- Cooking on a microwave uses 2/3's the energy than cooking on your stove.
With these tips, you can conserve energy and save money on your electricity bill this month!