This winter really is feeling like summer in Southern California. Want to stay cool and not use your air conditioning unit? Here are some tips from Huffington Post to keep your home cool without using your AC!
- Keep your blinds close
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate counter clockwise
- Focus on the temperature in your body, not the house
- Turn on your bathroom fans when you shower and your kitchen exhaust fan when cooking
- Let the night air in
- Ditch the incandescent lights
- Start grilling
- Consider long term improvements such as installing awnings or getting blinds for your windows
For more details on these tips and other tips, visit the Huffington Post's blog here.