Since it's summer and the 4th of July is just a couple weeks away, here are some grilling safety tips from the Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association (HPBA).
- Read the owner's manual
- Grills are for outside use ONLY
- Use in well ventilated area
- Keep grill stable
- Follow electric codes
- Use long handled utensils
- Wear safe clothing
- Keep fire under control
- Be ready to extinguish flames
- Consider placing a grill pad or splatter mat beneath your grill
- Never leave grill unattended once lit
- Stay away from hot grill
- Don't move hot grill
A safe barbecue is a fun barbecue. Happy grilling!
For detailed information on each tip, visit the HPBA website here.