Unfortunately in Long Beach, fireworks are illegal, but if you live in a city where fireworks are allowed or plan to partake in fireworks this 4th of July, here are some firework safety tips from the National Council on Firework Safety.
- Only use fireworks outdoors free of overhead obstructions and away from dry grass or other flammable materials.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Never give fireworks to young children.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Dispose of spent product by wetting it down and place it in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until morning.
Keeping these tips in mind to ensure a fun and safe 4th of July!